Why live with reduced hearing when you can easily use hearing aids and recover over 90% of your lost hearing? At El Dorado Hearing, we’ve been working for years to help hundreds of people just like you rediscover the world of sound. We are ready to help you, too, with a hearing aid fitting in Tucson.
When You Need Hearing Aids
Most of the time, you’ll lose your hearing gradually. Our bodies are excellent at adapting to the environment around us and the changes within. You will unconsciously compensate for slowly occurring hearing loss.
This makes pinpointing hearing loss difficult until it begins to impact our daily activities. This is why it’s critical to have regular comprehensive hearing evaluations, so hearing loss does not go unnoticed.
Regardless of what a hearing evaluation finds, you may still notice hearing loss through some of these real-life circumstances.
- You notice you are missing parts of conversations – This is one of the main reasons people have their hearing checked.
- When your tinnitus symptoms become worse – The volume of your tinnitus will usually increase as your hearing loss worsens.
- The volume on your media devices is near or at the max volume – You find yourself compensating for hearing loss by pushing the volume control’s limits. You should test to see if you can still comfortably hear your media at 50% volume.
How Hearing Aids Improve Your Life
Hearing well is an integral part of maintaining your quality of life, which is why using professionally fitted hearing aids can help improve your life when suffering from hearing loss.
Using hearing aids will improve many aspects of your life:
- Retain high situational awareness – Having one of your five senses dulled can affect your response time. Driving a vehicle, in particular, can be improved by hearing and responding appropriately to things like the sirens of emergency vehicles and the sounds of the other travelers around you.
- Fully engage in activities – When you aren’t able to hear well, it can be hard to participate in your activities. Whether with family, social networks, or work, you may feel like an outcast. With hearing aids aiding your hearing, you don’t have to feel cut off anymore.
- Helps manage tinnitus – Tinnitus becomes more distinct as hearing loss increases, so hearing aids can help you tune back into the world around you and not into your tinnitus. There are even tinnitus treatment-specific hearing aids that can specifically help deal with tinnitus symptoms.
- Lower dementia risk factors – A strong link between hearing loss and dementia has been discovered because limited hearing can impact our mental functions. By using hearing aids, you can stay firmly connected to the world around you, lowering your dementia risk factors.
- Raise self-esteem – Hearing loss can be a blow to self-esteem because hearing is vital for who you are. By using hearing aids, you can restore your self-esteem.
- Communicate more clearly – When you cannot hear words clearly, it affects how you interpret speech and form and say words. This can make for an embarrassing or awkward situation. Hearing aids will help you communicate more clearly.
What Level of Hearing Aids You Need
El Dorado Hearing of Tucson strives to ensure you receive the correct hearing aid to suit your needs and lifestyle. Below is a basic overview of the levels of hearing aids so you’ll have an idea of what you need at your appointment with El Dorado Hearing.
Premium Level Hearing Aids – This level is for those with modest hearing loss who still enjoy a high level of social activity requiring the need to hear clearly in many environments.
Advanced Level Hearing Aids – If you have moderate-to-severe hearing loss and have many sounds to sort through, you will want an advanced level of hearing aid.
Standard Level Hearing Aids – Those who do not need hearing aids to sort through variable sound levels but are still dealing with a distracting level of hearing loss.
Essential Level Hearing Aids – The hearing aids on this level are relatively basic and generally do not include the latest technology. They are for those with mild-to-moderate hearing loss needs.
For information on the many styles of hearing aids, be sure to read “Hearing Aid Styles.”
Where To Find Hearing Aids and Fitting in Tucson
If you need hearing aids or hearing-related services, you will want to come by El Dorado Hearing for a hearing aid fitting in Tuscon. We are independent hearing aid providers, so we carry multiple hearing aids in different types and styles. You are sure to find something which suits your budget and lifestyle.
There are two El Dorado Hearing office locations you can visit and enjoy our top-quality and caring services. Contact us today to set up an appointment so you can start down a path to better hearing and better living.